Finally working together with Michelle and Emilie in my previous post about my new Personal Challenge for reading, and with the generous help of dear Goodreads, I’ve settled on 9 books outside of my normal genres.I think…
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel
Crank by Ellen Hopkins
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Night by Elie Wiesel
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Stand by Stephen King
In order the genres I’ve gathered together consist of:
- A contemporary romance aka chicklit
- A non-fiction memoir with psychology and mental health genres
- Realistic fiction with drama and sociology
- An adult mystery with crime and drama
- Contemporary, new adult romance
- Autobiography/memoir classic about feminism
- A history classic about the holocaust, non fiction once again.
- An adult historical romance with Japanese culture
- Finally, a classic Stephen King novel with horror, thriller, apocalypse and more.
If you want to check out any of these books I have a shelf set up on Goodreads, here.
This should be interesting. Anyone have any other suggestions I should try out? Any genres I’m missing big time? (Because I don’t doubt it) Send ’em over. Wish me good luck this challenge will go through until June, since I have exams coming up and that takes away from reading time. You’ll see the reviews as they come.
Until next time,